27 May 2007

Two gay things I would love to see but cannot afford


A drag queen tour of Sydney, Priscilla Queen of the Desert Style! (or the musical at Star City, for that matter) AU$135 ($79-99)

The Great Outdoors did a piece on this tour last night (also makes me want to go to Thailand with the RFL). Clearly it was all women on the tour because, sadly, drag queens and trannies make dudes uncomfortable. I'm guessing they do a lot of Hens nights.

Regardless, I do love the nightlife, I like hearing about the seedy bits of Sydney's history, and I think I have the balls to wear a gigantic purple wig on the steps of the Opera House. Maybe next time I visit Ush for the weekend I can rope her in? She'd definitely be up for it.





Ian McKellen in the RSC's international tour of King Lear at the Arts Centre (where I saw Ben Folds with the MSO) AU$99-159

I just read a feature on Sir Ian in Good Weekend, and he is definitely a bit of an enigma. He has Shakespeare written all over him, but he felt like a failure until he received commercial fame from Lord of the Rings. Who knew?

Regardless, he is so grandfather-y and lovely I would really just like to see him live on stage. But the student income is getting in the way...

No comments: